Tuesday 5 July 2011

12th of July - Don't miss the vSphere 5 announce

I knew the new version of vSphere would be release before Vmworld 2011, but I didn't realize it is so close. According to the Vmware.com site the presenation of vSphere 5 is scheduled on 12th of July. Don't forget to register for live webcast called "Raising the bar, Part V". To make time go faster you can read the following blog posts about new features in vSphere 5.0 - 1, 2, 3.

I personally like new storage DRS, increased size of VMFS partitions and auto deploy features. I am very eager to read some tech papers on what new technologies of CPU and memory virtualization will be implemented in new ESXi. However, the first books about vSphere 5 are not going to be realesed before September 2011.

The only concern that is not covered in all these rumours about vSphere 5 is if licensing will be changed. I remember that before you only had to have proper support contract in order to upgrade to vSphere 4. If it is still the same, I guess we will be the one of the first companies to upgrade our virtual farms. At least, I can promise I will not rest until this happens. I feel like I am 14 again and waiting for new version of Civilization to be released :)

one week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment