Tuesday 11 September 2012

Fixing Site Recovery Manager credentials

Today I have discovered that my Site Recovery Manager is not working anymore. The error was obvious - the credentials which were used on SRM server to connect to vCenter had been changed.

Very soon I found VMware KB explaining how to update these credentials. I accurately followed the steps in KB, but I have gotten another problem.





Well, I used the command and set the credentials for the SRM Database, but while learning the syntax of installcreds command I discovered that there is an option to use installcreds for vCenter credentials. 

So I ran installcreds.exe -key "vcenter.example.com" -u domain.com\username, restarted SRM service and voila!, everything went back to normal.

Moreover, the original command from VMware KB hasn't worked for me at all, even after set credentials for SRM database, which made my findings even more useful :)

If you find this post useful please share it with any of the buttons below.

1 comment: